AIRMEN & FAMILY READINESS
The mission of the Airmen and Family Readiness (A&FR) program is To establish and facilitate ongoing communication, involvement, support and recognition between National Guard families and the National Guard in a partnership that promotes the best in both.
- Financial plan and resources
- Employment resources - Federal resumes, applications, networking
- Counseling and follow-up
- Information and Referral – EFMP, Child & Youth, Warrior & Survivor Care, Relocation
The Air National Guard Airman and Family Readiness program provides assistance, guidance, and support that enhances the quality of life for service members and their families during peacetime and upon mobilization. This includes personal, financial, family, and community readiness, deployment cycle support, crisis intervention, transition assistance, outreach, training, management, information, referral and follow-up, life skills education, review and analysis of program effectiveness, and volunteer program management.
DoD Transition Assistance Program (TAP)
Want to know more about what you have earned as a result of your Service?
- Retiring? ...Begin process 2 years from DOR
- Separating? ...Begin process 1 year from DOS
- Separating from T10 /AGR after 180 days of service... Begin the process as early as possible
- In the MEB process... Begin the process as early as possible
Pre-Separation counseling is mandatory IAW the VOW ACT, for those preparing to serve T10 orders for 180 days or more, anyone separating from an AGR tour of 180 days or more, and anyone in the MEB process. It is strongly encouraged for all Traditional Guardsmen prior to retirement or separation. Pre-Separation Briefs are conducted quarterly and include a Retirement Brief for those retiring. Contact the A&FR Program Office to register. Upon completion of the Pre-Separation Brief and counseling, members can be registered to attend additional 5 day TAP Services and workshops.
Contact the Airman & Family Readiness Office for the next scheduled pre-separation brief and retirement brief.